Our Tented Camp and Campsite at Mto Wa Mbu
Savanna Bush Camps
A Bit of Luxury on a Budget!!
Savanna Bush Camp
Lilac Campsite and Tented Camp
- It all started as a dream that came true, a property that has 14 acres that makes you feel that you are in the wilderness
- Its wild and rustic!! We have kept it as a safe zone for the wildlife that we have in our property
- In total we have 8 Tent Cottages 4 local cottages, we can accommodate 24 Pax a given time
- We can pitch 20tents that are 3 mts x 3mts easily
Our Bar counter has a history!!
- The Safari Bar and the watering hole!!
- We have at this bar 72 types of drinks, one and only kind in the Northern circuit!!
- She used to be our utility vehicle (Supply vehicle) she did her time by the time she was done she was 28 years old!! Nobody wanted to buy her!!
- So one day I wanted a Bar Counter!!
- I wanted to make one like they had at the Safari Hotel then the Copper Bar used in the Film Hatari.
- Plans changed !!
- She was just sitting in the yard!! Took an angle grinder and chopped her off!! My staff thought I was crazy!! I had gone Kukus!!
- Then she was transported to Camp in Mto Wa Mbu.
- We then fabricated her!! She now looks like a real safari vehicle, when you see her at a first glance.
- She is the only one of her kind in the Northern Circuit.
The Safari Bar
- She can be seen at Savanna Bush Camp in Mto Wa Mbu
Wildlife in Camp
- Today at Savanna Bush Camp in Mto Wa Mbu
- We have Black Faced Vervet Monkeys that are at home in our camp
- We have over 36 family members of Banded Mongooses that clean the camp from Snakes, Scorpions and Centipedes .They are the natural cleaners
- We have two spices of Bush Babies, they are Grater and Leaser Bush Babies they are loud at night.
- The Genet is seen at Camp one in while
- We have recorded 170 species of bird and counting
- At night youcan hear the Hyena’s howling as Lake Manyara National Park boundary is only 3 Kms away.
- We have had Elephants who have lost their way from the Park, as this was a wilderness area one upon a time and it was their feeding and foraging area.
- It’s a camp that makes youfeel that you are in the wilderness area it’s full of Yellow Fever Acacia Trees