Mid February – March
The Calving Season
This is the month when the Wildebeests are given birth
Most of the wildebeest calves are born in just a three to six week period, generally starting at the beginning of February. The only thing we know for sure is that where it rains, the herds follow. Within a Three to six week time period, over half a million wildebeest are born with as many as 8000 wildebeest being born on the same day!
Tanzania Under Canvas – Circle of Life
- Travel Time: Mid February – March
- 9 days 8 Nights (Get One Night Free at Savanna Bush Camp)
- Safari to: Lake Manyara National Park – Serengeti National Park – Ngorongoro Crater
Day 1: Arusha – Tarangire National Park – Savanna Bush Camp
On this day of safari you will depart from Arusha with picnic lunch boxes to Tarangire National Park. On the way to the Park you will stop at Meserani Snake Park and Maasai Museum. Here you will get to see some of the snakes that are not to be seen on safari but to be found in East Africa .You will also get to visit a Maasai Museum that will tell you about the culture of the Maasai tribesman. From Meserani you will then depart to Tarangire National Park (The Garden of Elephants) this is what the National Park is known for you will see lots of Elephants in This National Park.
Explore the park for its predators and prey till late afternoon then exit the park and proceed to Savanna Bush Camp for dinner and overnight. Here at Savanna Bush Camp in the evening you will be entertained by local African dancers. The Sangoma Dancers.
Day 2: Savanna Bush Camp – Lake Manyara National Park – Savanna Bush Camp
On this day of safari you will depart very early in the morning to Lake Manyara National Park. At the park entrance you will do a Canopy Walk then enter Lake Manyara National Park.
Explore the Park for its predators and prey till late afternoon then exit the Park. Stop at fruit Kiosk. Taste some exotic fruits that are grown in this fertile village situated at the base of Africa’s Great Rift Valley.
You will taste fruits of the season!!
Red Banana – Papaya – Baobab Fruit and other fruits of the season
Returning to Savanna Bush Camp for dinner and overnight. You will be entertained in the evening with the Sangoma Dancers
Book this Safari
Day 3: Savanna Bush Camp – Oldupai Gorge – Shifting Sands – Nasera Rock – Fig Tree – Serengeti National Park
On this day of safari you will depart from Savanna Bush Camp in Mto Wa Mbu, you will then enter Ngorongoro Conservation area from Lodware Gate.
Stop at the View point to see the Caldera then proceed to Oldupai Gorge ( The Cradle of Mankind ) Visit Shifting Sands , Nasera Rock and the Fig tree then proceed to Naabi Hill gate. After the park formalities you will then enter Serengeti National Park.
Via Game drives you will then you proceed to central Serengeti where you will meet up with crew who would have set up the camp in a very special place in Serengeti
You will be shown to your tents. Dinner will be served shortly
Days 4 – 7: Central Serengeti Nation Park
These 4 days are spent watching the Wildebeest giving birth.
Its not only the wildebeests all the plains game give birth at this time of the year.
They are mostly at the short grass plain around Angata Kiti Plains and Gol Mountains. Returning to camp for dinner and overnight.
Day 9: Serengeti North – Central Serengeti
On this day of safari you will say bye to the crew and then depart from Mara River Area with picnic lunch boxes to Central Serengeti arriving at Seronera Wildlife Lodge fir dinner and overnight.
Day 10: Central Serengeti – Ngorongoro Carter Tour – Savanna Bush Camp
Very early in the morning of this day of safari. You will say bye to the crew and depart with your picnic lunch boxes to Ngorongoro Crater. Via Naabi Hill Gate. They will bring down the Camp and proceed to Camp in Mto Wa Mbu
You will then decent in to the crater till late afternoon , explore the crater fir its predators and prey. Then assent the inner wall of the crater and proceed to Savanna Bush Camp. Arriving at Savanna Bush Camp for dinner and overnight.
On this night at Savanna Bush Camp you will be our guests at our Camp in Mto Wa Mbu. It’s time to celebrate !!
Day 11: Savanna Bush Camp – Arusha
After breakfast you will depart from Savanna Bush Camp to Arusha, then continue with your onward going safari.
End of Safari
- All transfers according to programme
- Entrance fees to all National Parks
- Extra-fees for Ngorongoro Crater
- Scout fees
- Overnight all Hotels/Campsites according to program
- Special campsite in Serengeti National Park & Ngorongoro Conservation Area
- FB during safari (picnic-lunch)
- 2 litres mineral water per person per day on safari; tea; coffee
- Select-Tent-Safari: cook, waiter, camp attendant
- Select-Tent-Safari: tents, mess tent, camping equipment, camp beds, bed linen, kitchen
- Equipment, dishes
- Select-Tent-Safari: shower and WC tent for Special Campsites
- Select-Tent-Safari: supply car for equipment and luggage from 2 persononwards!
- Driver/guide and car (Land rover / Land cruiser) for Safaris without km-limit!!!
- Driver/guide and car (Land rover / Land cruiser) for Safaris without time-limit!!!
- Flying Drs Service
Not Included Services:
- International flights
- Visa fees
- Drinks (if not mentioned above)
- Expenses of personal nature (like souvenirs)
- Excursions and trips not included in this program (e.g. Balloon Safari Serengeti)